<< PRODUCT DETAILS >>
The Micro MinimOSD has been designed with racing drones in mind, it weighs less than 1g and is absolutely tiny. Measuring 15mm x 15mm, it's about a 1/3 of the size of the older MinimOSD and yet packs all of its features bar the Dc/Dc converter. The OSD coupled with the MWOSD firmware boasts a lot of features. If you have the appropriate sensors, it lets you display all of the usual telemetry data like height, speed and position with a virtual horizon, but it also allows you to display a callsign and even tune PID settings via the OSD menu (available on MultiWii firmwares like Cleanflight). It has two voltage inputs, so it can be used to monitor both a flight battery and an auxiliary battery. Lastly there is a pin for analog/digital PWM RSSI and a connection where you can attach a current sensor. The OSD can be flashed with firmware that is MAVLink compatible for ArduCopter, or MultiWii Serial compatible for MultiWii and Baseflight / Cleanflight control boards.
- ATmega328P with Arduino bootloader
- MAX7456 monochrome on-screen display
- FTDI compatible pinout
- Standard 6-pin ISP header
- NO DC/DC converter. Power board via 5V DC (500mA).
- Two LED indicators
- Allows for direct connection of two batteries (up to 4S)
- Pad for an Analog or Digital PWM RSSI signal
- Pad for the connection of a Current Sensor
- This Board can be used as a normal OSD for APM or it can be used with MWC KV Team Mod.
- MAVlink Compatible
You can follow the Setup Instruction for installation.
1 x Micro Minim OSD board
Firmware flashing (requires a FTDI Programmer):
MWOSD Download: Open Source OSD for MultiWii, Baseflight, Cleanfight
Arduino IDE: Required to flash the MinimOSD with the MWOSD Firmware
- Download the OSD firmware MW OSD and the Arduino Software.
- Connect the OSD to the FTDI adapter observing the pinout diagram, and that to the PC.
- Start Arduino IDE.
- Select File - Open. Browse to the MW_OSD folder and select 'MW_OSD.ino'
- The MW OSD Firmware needs to be configured so that it knows you are using the Mirco MinimOSD. Click on the tab "config.h" and uncomment #define WITESPYV1 - this option tells the firmware you are using the MircoMinim OSD Hardware. If you are running Cleanflight, also uncomment #define CLEANFLIGHT (Settings Screenshot or File download MW_OSD.zip for example). Remember to recomment (add //) the options you are not using.
- Before flashing the firmware, be sure your Arduino IDE has as selected board. Go to menu Tools - Board - Arduino Pro or Pro Mini 5V, 16MHz, w/ ATmega328. Also select the proper serial port in menu Tools - Serial Port.
- Compile and Upload sketch by clicking on the "Upload" button.
- To configure the OSD, use the MWOSD gui which you find in the MWOSD package.